Left tackle Isaiah Wynn suffered a toe injury Sunday and is expected to undergo an MRI on Monday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The severity of the injury is not yet clear, but if it ends up as turf toe, the issue could linger, Rapoport added.
The second-year left tackle looked stellar on Tom Brady's blindside in Week 1, and solid throughout the preseason. Wynn is coming off an Achilles' injury that wiped out his entire rookie season.
With right tackle Marcus Cannon (shoulder) already banged up, Wynn's absence would be another blow to the Patriots' blocking unit if he has to miss significant time.
Other injuries we're monitoring around the league on Monday:
New York Jets wide receiver Demaryius Thomas was active in his first game for Gang Green but was ruled out in the second half with a hamstring injury. Linebacker Jordan Jenkins suffered a calf injury in the first quarter of Monday's game and is doubtful to return, the team announced.
The New York Jets' inactives are: QB Sam Darnold, OT Chuma Edoga, LB John Franklin-Myers, LB C.J. Mosley, RB Bilal Powell, DL Quinnen Williams, DL Jordan Willis.
- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Michael Gallup is having arthroscopic surgery to trim his meniscus, Rapoport reports. Gallup will be out two to four weeks.
Running back Corey Clement (shoulder) had an MRI today and is likely out a week or two, Rapoport reported.
ReceiversAlshon Jeffrey (calf), DeSean Jackson (groin) and tight end Dallas Goedert (calf) all suffered injuries last night. Doug Pederson told reporters he does not have an update on their statuses or the severity of the injuries.
Rapoport later reported the Jeffrey is dealing with a calf strain. It is not considered a major injury, but Rapoport adds that Jeffrey's status for Weeks 3 and 4 is in doubt.
- Kansas City Chiefs running back LeSean McCoy suffered an ankle injury late Sunday and will have an MRI today to determine the severity of the injury, Rapoport reports.
- Los Angeles Rams tight end Tyler Higbee was initially diagnosed with chest injury but after heading to the hospital as a precaution, it was determined he sustained a lung injury, which caused him to cough up blood, per Rapoport. Higbee might miss time but it is not considered to be significant, Rapoport adds.
Sean McVay announced TE Tyler Higbee (chest) and right guard Austin Blythe (ankle are day-to-day going into Week 3.
The Saints are also placing linebacker Alex Anzalone (shoulder) on injured reserve, but he is a candidate to return later this season.
- Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota was listed as being out with a quad injury on Monday's estimated practice report.
- Arizona Cardinals running back David Johnson and his wrist checked out fine today, per Rapoport. He injured it on Sunday, but did return to the game.
Cornerback Pierre Desir is not expected to miss much time, if any, following tests and scans on his injured knee, per Rapoport. He suffered a bone bruise Sunday.
- Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott said the team is still gathering information on running back Devin Singletary (hamstring), who's listed as day to day.
- Oakland Raiders coach Jon Gruden told reporters running back Josh Jacobs is dealing with a groin issue and wide receiver Tyrell Williams has a hip pointer.