Coach Adam Gase told reporters that running back Le'Veon Bell is expected to return to practice on Saturday. When New York's injury report came out on Friday afternoon, Bell was listed as a limited participant in Friday's practice.
Bell sat out practices this week and underwent an MRI for a shoulder issue. Gase said it stemmed from the feature back being too aggressive in practice. The running back tweeted Thursday afternoon that everything went well with the scan.
In other Gang Green injury news, Gase said linebacker C.J. Mosley (groin) and defensive tackle Quinnen Williams (ankle) are progressing well, and he wouldn't rule them out for Monday's game, even if they don't practice this weekend. Neither player practiced Friday.
In other Jets injury news, safety Jamal Adams (hip) practiced fully; OL Kelvin Beachum (ankle), DL Steve McLendon (hip) and OL Brian Winters (shoulder) were limited; and WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring) did not participate.
Here is other injury news we're tracking Friday:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie linebacker Devin White, who exited Thursday's night's win over the Panthers early with a knee injury, is having tests done Friday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. Coach Bruce Arians said it sounds like a sprain. He's not expected to be out long but could miss games.
- Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams (knee) is back at practice after not practicing Wednesday and Thursday. He's listed as questionable for Sunday's tilt with Detroit. "I just need to see that he can go out and play, and not hurt himself," coach Anthony Lynn said. "He has a couple more days, so we'll go day by day."
Linebackers Denzel Perryman (ankle) and Jatavis Brown (ankle) and kicker Michael Badgley (groin) are also questionable. Cornerback Michael Davis (hamstring) is doubtful after not practicing all week.
- Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Marqise Lee (knee), cornerback A.J. Bouye (hip), offensive lineman Cam Robinson (knee) are all listed as questionable. Offensive lineman Cedric Ogbuehi (hamstring), tight end Josh Oliver (hamstring) and defensive end Yannick Ngakoue (hamstring) all will not play Sunday.
- The Miami Dolphins placed tackle Julie'n Davenport on injured reserve. Defensive end Charles Harris (wrist), safety Bobby McCain (shoulder) and center Daniel Kilgore (shoulder) are questionable.
- Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, who's been limited in practice with a toe injury, was a full participant Friday.
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay told reporters safety Eric Weddle has cleared the concussion protocol.
- Seattle Seahawks defensive end Ziggy Ansah (shoulder) is listed as questionable. Defensive tackle Poona Ford (calf) and safety Tedric Thompson (hamstring) are doubtful for Sunday. Center Joey Hunt (ankle) and receiver David Moore (shoulder) are officially ruled out.