"I'm excited to get in front of our fans," Dumervil told reporters Thursday.
The veteran pass rusher underwent foot surgery this offseason after Dumervil had an increased workload following Suggs' season-ending Achilles tear last season. Prior to Suggs' injury, the dynamic duo combined for 29 sacks in 2014 alone.
Here are the other injuries we've been monitoring Thursday:
- New York Jets coach Todd Bowles said wide receiver Eric Decker has not undergone an MRI and did not participate in practice. Bowles said the wideout is still receiving treatment on his shoulder.
- Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler (right thumb sprain) did not practice after he was limited Wednesday. Coach John Fox stressed that Cutler did not suffer a setback in his rehab, and the off day was part of the healing process. Look for Brian Hoyer to start again this weekend.
- Buffalo Bills receivers Greg Salas (groin) and Sammy Watkins (foot), tackle Cyrus Kouandjio (ankle), safety Jonathan Meeks (foot), and center Patrick Lewis all were non-participants in practice. Rex Ryan told reporters that there's a strong possibility Watkins doesn't practice Friday, but he's hopeful the receiver could play this weekend.
- New England Patriots quarterbacks Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) and Jacoby Brissett (thumb) were each limited in practice. Tight end Rob Gronkowski (shoulder) and linebacker Dont'a Hightower (knee) were each limited as well.
- New York Giants running back Rashad Jennings (thumb) was limited in practice. Defensive end Olivier Vernon (wrist) practiced in full.
Cornerback Eli Apple (hamstring), safety Nat Berhe (concussion) and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (groin) all did not practice.
- Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman (illness) did not practice. Coach Jay Gruden said he is not concerned about Norman's "flu bug"
Receiver DeSean Jackson (knee/ankle) was limited in practice, but Gruden said he will be "ready to go" on Sunday barring a setback.
- Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (knee) said he "feels great" and "strong" and that there is "no doubt" he plays this week. Wilson said he doesn't believe wearing a knee brace will be a hindrance on Sunday (also wore a brace one season at N.C. State). On Wednesday, coach Pete Carroll said the quarterback was "pretty determined" to play.
- San Diego Chargers tight end Antonio Gates (hamstring) did not practice, while defensive end Joey Bosa (hamstring) was limited in practice. Center Orlando Franklin did not practice due to a back injury.
- Detroit Lions tight end Eric Ebron (ankle) was limited in practice and wide receiver Marvin Jones was a late addition to the injury report with a hamstring injury. He was listed as a limited participant in practice.
- Los Angeles Rams cornerback Lamarcus Joyner (toe) was limited in practice after sitting out of practice Wednesday.
- Arizona Cardinals receiver Michael Floyd cleared concussion protocol and was a full participant in practice.
- Raiders center Rodney Hudson (knee) and running back Taiwan Jones (knee) were both limited in practice. Safety Nate Allen (quad) did not participant.
- Seattle Seahawks offensive lineman Germain Ifedi (ankle) was a full participant as was quarterback Russell Wilson (knee). Tight end Jimmy Graham (knee/back) didn't practice after being limited Wednesday. Defensive tackle Jarran Reed (ankle) sat out.
- Cincinnati Bengals running back Rex Burkhead left in the first half of Thursday's win over the Dolphins with a hamstring injury and didn't return. Teammate Clint Boling suffered a left shoulder injury during the third quarter and didn't come back. Cornerback Josh Shaw left the contest after suffering a neck stinger in the fourth quarter on a hit from teammate George Iloka while trying to make a tackle.