Smith sat out again on Thursday with a groin and back issues, David Helman of the team's official website reported. The left tackle also missed Wednesday's session after sitting out the Week 10 loss to the Atlanta Falcons.
Smith's continued absence is troubling for a Cowboys offense that was lost without the stalwart blindside blocker. Dak Prescott was sacked eight times last week, including a whopping six times by Adrian Clayborn, who tortured Smith's replacements Chaz Green and Bell. Prescott was hit a career-high 10 times and pressured on 36.8 percent of dropbacks against the Falcons.
Over the past two seasons with Prescott under center, the Cowboys are averaging 1.6 sacks per game allowed in games with Smith in the lineup and 2.5 per tilt in four games without the left tackle.
In other Cowboys injury news, Dez Bryant (knee) returned to practice, while safety Jeff Heath (concussion) sat out.
Here are other injuries we're monitoring on Thursday:
Coleman has not played in a game since he broke his hand in a Week 2 loss to the Ravens. The 2016 first-round pick has 39 receptions for 475 yards and four touchdowns in 12 career games.
In other Browns injury news, quarterback DeShone Kizer (ribs) was a full participant in Thursday's practice. Wide receiverKenny Britt (knee) and running backIsaiah Crowell (shoulder) were each limited in practice.
- Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said safety Kam Chancellor (neck) is still undergoing tests and he did not practice. Running back Eddie Lacy (groin) and safety Earl Thomas (hamstring) should both return this week, Carroll added. Both were limited in practice. Left tackle Duane Brown (ankle), who didn't practice, will be a game-time decision.
Defensive tackle Jarran Reed (hamstring) and linebacker Michael Wilhoite (calf) also didn't practice.
- Arizona Cardinals quarterback Drew Stanton (knee) was once again limited in practice and wide receiverJohn Brown (back) did not practice.
- Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley (concussion) was limited in practice. Cornerback Jimmy Smith (Achilles tendon) sat out practice for a second consecutive day.
- Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery (ribs) did not practice for the second consecutive day. Safety Morgan Burnett (groin) also didn't practice and cornerbackKevin King (shoulder) was limited.
- Houston Texans wide receiver Will Fuller (ribs) did not practice again and running back Alfred Blue (hamstring) was limited.
- Buffalo Bills offensive tackle Cordy Glenn (foot, ankle) is still not practicing and tight end Charles Clay (knee), defensive end Jerry Hughes (shin, calf) and wide receiver Jordan Matthews (knee) were limited.
- Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette (ankle) and wide receiver Marquise Lee (knee) were limited in practice.