Friday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- WYTV-TV in Youngstown, Ohio, featured Cindy Zordich, the wife of former NFL player Mike Zordich and creator of an immediate concussion care kit.
- The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported on findings from state release that said 3,000 high school athletes suffered concussions during the previous school year.
- WUSA-TV in Washington D.C. reported how Virginia schools have junked their helmet inventories for newer models.
- The Midland (Mich.) Morning Sun reported that area schools are using the NFL model for baseline testing.
- WKYT-TV in Lexington, Ky., reported on concussion research at the University of Kentucky, using area high school players.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor