Monday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Baltimore Sun columnist Peter Schmuck profiled former player/minister Joe Ehrmann, who is helping the NFL in making players aware of personal conduct issues.
- KWWL-TV in Waterloo, Iowa, reported on how the University of Northern Iowa football trainers are proactive about dealing with concussions.
- The Houston Chronicle looked at one East Texas middle school that has ditched tackle football in favor of touch football.
- WITI-TV in Milwaukee featured a city high school that is one of 10 in the country that will receive the ShockBox sensors to detect severe helmet hits.
- KBMT-TV in Beaumont, Texas, examined the new Riddell helmets that have been adopted by many area high school football teams.
- The Monroe (Louisiana) News looked at the differing views on concussions by high school players and their parents.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor