On Saturday night, Aiello provided an update via Twitter, stating that the league is in regular contact with both teams as well as the local public safety authorities in Minnesota about when the game should be played.
"We will continue to do so and are prepared to make adjustments in the schedule as necessary," Aiello's statement read. "The Giants are spending the night in Kansas City and plan to fly to Minneapolis tomorrow morning at 8 am.
"Because the flight is less than one hour, the game could begin as scheduled at noon CT. If conditions in Minneapolis dictate otherwise, we will move the kickoff to later in the day and announce it soon as we have the information. ... We will pay close attention to local conditions and be mindful of issues of fan safety and convenience in making the final scheduling decision."
The Giants had hoped to reach Minneapolis on Saturday night, and they even planned to hold their Saturday walkthrough in the Kansas City airport.
Weather forecasts called for steady snow in Minneapolis until the evening, then clearing skies. Sunday's forecast: Sunny but extremely cold, with wind chill approaching negative-25 degrees.