"It's hard to look into the future but I would say if he's cleared that it's probably more than likely," Fox said.
"I'm feeling a lot better than I did last week," Clausen told The Charlotte Observer on Sunday. "I'm just trying to keep resting as much as I can to hopefully get back to play next week."
Fox was asked if the team would sign another quarterback if Clausen was held out again, and said the team was on the "alert."
"We're not going to know much medically until tomorrow or Wednesday, so we have to be prepared either way," Fox, said, who also discussed letting veteran Jake Delhomme go in the offseason.
"Looking back, sitting here at 1-9, I'm not sure how many moves were right," Fox said. "And that's not being critical of anybody other than hindsight is always 20-20. But I know Jake is happy where he is. Sometimes change is good. I don't believe in looking back."
Reporters asked Fox if the team considered drafting rookie quarterback Colt McCoy, even with the drafting of Clausen. "I'm not dodging the question," Fox said. "Depending on how the draft falls and what happens, I don't think he became as big an option after we took Jimmy. Just being honest with you. Not that he wouldn't have been a consideration, but the draft is always in flux, how it falls ... and he's a guy we evaluated."
Clausen -- who suffered the concussion on a quarterback sneak late in the fourth quarter when Bucs cornerback Aqib Talib ran in and hit Clausen high -- was asked Sunday if Talib's hit was illegal.
"I'm not going to comment on that," Clausen said. "It's a physical sport. Things happen, and that's just the way it goes."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.