Tuesday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Tennessean looked at the widespread use of the Guardian Cap at high schools in its area, especially with players who have suffered a concussion.
- The Daily Aztec followed up on the Balance Tracking System, which was developed at San Diego State University.
- The Falls Church (Va.) Times reported on how trainers and coaches are adapting to the state's new concussion rules.
- KVUE-TV in Austin, Texas reported on the high number of lower-rated helmets being used by Central Texas high schools.
- The St. Joseph (Mo.) News-Press wrote about the importance of recognition and proper treatment for concussions in youth football.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor