Wednesday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Boston Globe wrote about two Boston-area researchers who received grants from the National Institutes of Health on Monday.
- WBNS-TV in Columbus, Ohio, featured the recipient of one of the NIH grants and how she will use the money to develop an app to help monitor concussions.
- Dwight Collins of the Ocala (Fla.) Star Banner wrote that a certain amount of responsibility in the concussion issue lies with the common sense of athletes.
- The Durango (Colo.) Herald wrote how area high schools are keeping track of their athletes before and after concussions.
- The Newark Star-Ledger reported that the Lacey Township school district in New Jersey passed random drug testing.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor