Vincent Jackson has been the subject of recent trade rumors, but the San Diego Chargers aren't interested in dealing the Pro Bowl wide receiver, league sources told NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi on Monday.
Jackson, who was suspended three games last week for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy, hasn't signed his restricted free-agent tender and has been linked in trade talk to the Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins.
What the Chargers could acquire for Jackson and what he's worth are two different things at this point. According to Lombardi, the Chargers have no intention of giving Jackson away for a mid-round draft pick when there are options such as franchise-tagging him next season if a long-term deal can't be worked out.
Jackson set career highs last season with 68 receptions for 1,167 yards and nine touchdowns, and he was selected to his first Pro Bowl. That production led to his desire for a long-term contract, but the Chargers offered only a one-year, $3.268 million tender that was reduced to $583,000 after he didn't sign it by the June 15 deadline. Sources told the San Diego Union-Tribune last month that Jackson might stay away from the team until after Week 10.
In February, Jackson was sentenced to four days in jail and five years of probation after pleading guilty to a DUI charge stemming from a January 2009 arrest. In January of this year, Jackson was pulled over while on his way to the team's divisional playoff loss to the New York Jets and arrested for driving with a suspended license and an expired registration.
The 2009 arrest was Jackson's second for DUI since he joined the Chargers. He pleaded guilty after the first incident in 2006 and still was on probation when he was arrested again in January 2009. Because it was his second DUI conviction, Jackson was subject to the NFL's personal-conduct policy.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.