Thursday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- NBC News looked at the NFL's financial boot camp for players, focusing on Carl Banks' recent work with the NFL Consumer Product Boot Camp.
- USA Today profiled Oklahoma kicker Patrick O'Hara, who is trying to care for his sick mom while arranging to raise money for pro tryouts through a crowdfunding website.
- NFL.com reported that defensive back Brandon Browner has been conditionally reinstated, but will face a four-game suspension at the beginning of next season for violating the substance-abuse policy.
- The Tahoe (Calif.) Daily Tribune reported that the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District added the Play It Safe Concussion Care program for its athletics programs.
- The Naperville (Ill.) Sun reported that the suburban Chicago city's school district is working on its concussion policy for next school year.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor