Wednesday's health and safety news from the world of sports:
- California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a law that will limit workers' compensation claims by pro athletes, including NFL players, the Los Angeles Times reported.
- Dr. Teena Shetty, an independent neurologist, talked about the effects of a concussion with Bleacher Report.
- AL.com reported on a University of Alabama-Birmingham researcher who is trying to create an inhaler that decreases the effects of a concussion.
- The Capital Times in Madison, Wis., looked at the need for state oversight in management of football players with concussions.
- The Associated Press reported that the West Virginia Board of Education is set to vote on new guidelines for treating and reporting head injuries.
- The Oklahoman highlighted a study that shows the need for better sports injury prevention in Oklahoma.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor