Friday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- St. Louis Public Radio featured former NFL player and minister Joe Erhmann, who is helping the NFL deal with personal conduct issues.
- KWTX-TV in Waco, Texas, examined the football helmets that area high schools were using and if they met the Virginia Tech STAR ratings.
- WBMA-TV in Birmingham, Alabama, reported how area high school football coaches have signed a pledge for player safety.
- USA Today Sports featured EON Sports VR, which is trying to bring virtual reality to play calling for high school teams.
- KDVR-TV in Denver reported that a researcher from the Colorado School of Health will say that injury rates are declining.
- KXAN-TV in Austin, Texas, reported that University of Texas researchers received a $17 million grant to study traumatic brain injuries.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor