Monday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Associated Press featured a Mississippi high school that won the state title behind offensive coordinator Brett Favre, the former star NFL quarterback.
- The Northwest Times of Indiana looked at a study that said single-sport youth athletes are more at risk for injuries.
- The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported on how Volusia County (Fla.) officials are educating area parents about concussion issues.
- Yahoo!'s The PostGame looked at how stem cell researchers are trying to make an impact with sports injuries.
- The British Journal of Sports Medicine reported on a new study that said overweight kids are susceptible to injuries.
- An editorial in the Watertown (N.Y.) Daily Times said children need to be educated about head trauma.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor