Monday's health and safety news from the world of sports:
- Terry Foster of the Detroit News wrote about University of Minnesota coach Jerry Kill, who suffered his fifth game-day seizure in two years prior to Saturday's game at Michigan.
- KOMU-TV in Columbia, Mo., talked to a University of Missouri researcher who is critical of the design of football helmets for protecting heads.
- A Napa, Calif., orthodontist has donated and fitted mouthguards for area youth teams as well as St. Helena High School, the Napa Valley Register reported.
- The Republic in Columbus, Ind., reported on a program in which schools and hospitals team up for a student trainer program.
- Crain's Chicago Business reported that profits are steady at Riddell, the NFL's main helmet maker, despite worries over concussions.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor