Monday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- Pro Player Insiders featuredArizona Cardinals defensive lineman Sam Acho, who because of his father's inspiration works with missionaries in Nigeria.
- USA Today reported on how 7-year-old Jake Daniel gave advice to fellow cancer victim Houston Texans' David Quessenberry on how to deal with chemotherapy.
- DenverBroncos.com reported that Malik Jackson and Orlando Franklin joined Ed McCaffrey for his annual Dare to Play Football Camp for individuals with Down Syndrome.
- The Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal reported that NFL players George Selvie and Mike Johnson returned home for a youth camp.
- The Chicago Sun-Times looked at how the Illinois Eye Institute is trying to detect concussions through eyesight.
- AL.com reported that the University of Alabama football team doctor said the Crimson Tide have already cut back to two full-contact practices a week for the safety reasons.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor