Will Shields was named to 12 consecutive Pro Bowls from 1995 through 2006, tying Jim Otto (1961-72) and Randall McDaniel (1989-2000) for the second-longest such streaks by an offensive lineman. The record of 14 is held by Bruce Matthews (1988-2001).
Charles Haley had four seasons with 10 or more sacks for the 49ers, and two additional 10-sack seasons for the Cowboys. Haley and Richard Dent are the only players to record 10 or more sacks for six first-place teams.
Tim Brown would be the ninth Heisman Trophy winner to earn induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The only Heisman winners elected to the Hall in the last 20 years are Marcus Allen and Barry Sanders.
Michael Strahan, Jerome Bettis
Five current Hall of Famers finished their NFL playing careers by winning a Super Bowl in their final season: Ted Hendricks, Mel Renfro, John Elway, Gary Zimmerman, and Russ Grimm. Among the finalists for the Hall's Class of 2014, Michael Strahan and Jerome Bettis could join that list.
More Photo Essays:
- 15 for ’15: College football’s surprise teams
- NFL's top 10 players in 2015
- 15 for ’15: College football’s best teams
- Mind-blowing stats for the Minnesota Vikings
- Mind-blowing stats for the St. Louis Rams
- 15 for '15: College football's most explosive athletes
- Most patriotic college football alt uniform power rankings
- Mind-blowing stats for the Cleveland Browns
- Fantasy Independence