Getting the best of Brady
Despite Tom Brady's great record of 10-4 against Peyton Manning, he is 5-6 in his career vs. the Denver Broncos (including playoffs). The Broncos are one of only two teams in the NFL to have a winning record against Brady (the Giants are 3-2 vs Brady, including playoffs).
Five players have caught a pass from both Manning and Brady: Wes Welker, Austin Collie, Torrance Small, Jermaine Wiggins and Dan Klecko.
Peyton Manning (525 TDs) and Tom Brady (401 TDs) have combined to throw 926 TD passes. Sunday's game will feature passers with the most combined TD passes in NFL history entering the game, topping their matchup from earlier this season (when Manning and Brady had combined to throw 818 TD passes).
Peyton Manning vs. Bill Belichick
Peyton Manning has faced Bill Belichick's New England Patriots 17 times, including playoffs, and is 6-11 (.353). Manning's winning percentage against the rest of the NFL (.735) - which includes games against the Patriots before the coach arrived in New England 2000 - is more than double his winning percentage against Belichick's Patriots teams.
The team that has scored first has won 11 of the 14 games between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. In the first quarter of the 14 games, Brady has completed 78.6 percent of his passes, thrown four TDs, 1 INT and has a 109.1 passer rating. Manning's first quarters have been ordinary: He's completed 63.9 percent of his passes, thrown 3 TDs and 3 INTs for an 86.6 passer rating.
More Photo Essays:
- Farewell campaign? QBs destined for 2016 relocation
- WWE and the NFL
- 2014 Top 20 fantasy point-per-touch wide receivers
- Active GMs with best record of drafting Pro Bowlers
- 2014 Top 10 fantasy point-per-touch tight ends
- Most impactful NFL compensatory picks of all time
- 2014 Top 10 fantasy quarterbacks points-per-touch
- Top 20 fantasy point-per-touch running backs
- Top 20 quarterbacks who went No. 1 overall in NFL draft