Darren McFadden will return as running back depth for Ezekiel Elliott in Dallas.
McFadden signed a one-year deal to return to the Cowboys, the team announced Thursday. McFadden had one of his best years as a pro when he became the Cowboys starting running back midway through the 2015 season, notching 1,089 yards on 239 carries to the tune of 4.6 yards per carry.
- Rosenthal: AFC notes | NFC notes
- Silver: Raiders leave The Town (again)
- Schein: Raiders will be rock stars in Vegas
- Prospect focus: Myles Garrett = generational talent
- Landing spots for Darrelle Revis
- Scout's Notebook: Cam must evolve as QB
- Free Agency's biggest unanswered storylines
- Harrison: All-Under-25 Team
- Brandt: Best second-round picks since '12
Here are some other free-agency moves from Thursday we are tracking:
1. The Saints hosted Patriots restricted free agent Malcolm Butler on a visit on Thursday, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The meeting concluded without a deal, but sources told Rapoport it "went well" and both sides are "motivated to get it done."
2. The 49ers announced they agreed to terms with defensive tackle Chris Jones on a one-year deal.
4. Defensive tackle Al Woods' deal with the Colts is for two years and $5 million, Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the contract.
5. The Seahawks will host free-agent defensive tackle Ricky Jean-Francois and linebacker Arthur Brown on Friday, Rapoport reported.
6. Wide receiver Andre Holmes is headed to Buffalo to visit the Bills, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.
9. The Dolphins announced they re-signed guard Jermon Bushrod.
10. The Chiefs have signed free agent safety Marqueston Huff.