- Remaining free agents
- NFC free agency grades
- AFC free agency grades
- Free agency winners and losers
- Seven riskiest free-agent signings
- Robert Griffin III signs with Cleveland Browns
- Wesseling: Which franchises are on the rise?
- Collateral damage: Players hurt by free agency
- Collateral benefits: Players aided by free agency
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and general manager Kevin Colbert kicked off free agency by taking a flight to Florida to woo the former Chargers tight end. In short order, Green was under contract in what could end up being one of the best value buys in free agency.
"Did I notice?" Green asked about the black and gold invasion of Qualcomm Stadium in Week 5. "I think everyone noticed the number of Steelers fans out there. When you saw the towels in there it was pretty bad for us because we had to go on silent count. We knew they were there.
"You want to be around that kind of stuff. It was a pretty big point in coming."
Green had ankle surgery after the season, but expects to be ready for the start of training camp. His combination of speed and athleticism can make him a matchup nightmare for defensive coordinators who already have plenty to contend with on Pittsburgh's dynamic offense.