The Chicago Bears might not be finished at inside linebacker.
- Remaining free agents
- NFC free agency grades
- AFC free agency grades
- Free agency winners and losers
- Seven riskiest free-agent signings
- Robert Griffin III signs with Cleveland Browns
- Wesseling: Which franchises are on the rise?
- Collateral damage: Players hurt by free agency
- Collateral benefits: Players aided by free agency
Freeman, 29, has seen little progress in contract talks with the Colts. He would serve as an upgrade alongside Trevathan over last year's duo of Shea McClellin and Christian Jones. Freeman in 2015 ranked behind only Carolina's Luke Kuechly at his position, per Pro Football Focus.
While Freeman is on the older side after spending part of his career with the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders, he played well against the run last season and helped pressure the pocket.
With talented coordinator Vic Fangio running Chicago's defense, Trevathan and Freeman -- if they land him -- would make this an intriguing unit in 2016.
Other visits we're tracking on Friday:
5. Michael Gehlken of The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that former Cowboys tight end James Hanna met with the Chargers. The team is looking for support at the position after Ladarius Green signed with the Steelers.