Sean Weatherspoon is returning to Atlanta.
- Remaining free agents
- NFC free agency grades
- AFC free agency grades
- Free agency winners and losers
- Seven riskiest free-agent signings
- Robert Griffin III signs with Cleveland Browns
- Wesseling: Which franchises are on the rise?
- Collateral damage: Players hurt by free agency
- Collateral benefits: Players aided by free agency
After one season with the Arizona Cardinals, the veteran linebacker agreed to terms on a one-year contract, the team announced Friday. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday, it is a one-year deal, via a source informed of the deal.
Atlanta's 19th overall pick in the 2010 draft, Weatherspoon was the organization's most effective defensive star in 2011 and 2012 before injuries took their toll.
The two sides couldn't find common ground last offseason after Weatherspoon missed the entirety of the 2014 season with a torn Achilles tendon.
Weatherspoon failed to crack the starting lineup in Arizona, never playing more than 20 snaps in a game.
Now 28 years old and no longer a sideline-to-sideline stud, Weatherspoon will have to battle for the weakside linebacker job in his reunion with the Falcons.