The Cincinnati Bengals have secured one of their host of free agent defensive backs.
- Remaining free agents
- NFC free agency grades
- AFC free agency grades
- Free agency winners and losers
- Seven riskiest free-agent signings
- Robert Griffin III signs with Cleveland Browns
- Wesseling: Which franchises are on the rise?
- Collateral damage: Players hurt by free agency
- Collateral benefits: Players aided by free agency
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Bengals have reached a five-year, $30 million contract with safety George Iloka, per a source informed of the deal. Rapoport added he is set to earn $18 million over the first three years of the deal.
The 25-year-old defender was one of the top safeties on the open market, garnering interest from several teams. At 6-foot-4, Iloka is a rangy cover man who is still growing into his physical skills.
Keeping Iloka will ensure the Bengals keep a young, growing playmaker in their secondary.