- Broncos outlast Panthers to win Super Bowl
- Miller named Super Bowl 50 MVP
- Manning holds off retirement decision
- Elway praises Broncos' defensive effort
- How the Panthers' offense imploded
- Ward slams Panthers' pregame trash talk
- Silver: Broncos say Newton 'tapped out'
- Chadiha: Newton's antics fuel criticism
- Battista: Peyton has a Hollywood ending
"They did everything that we saw on film," linebacker Brandon Marshall said per MMQB.com. "That's the crazy thing. You'd think with two weeks to prepare for the Super Bowl, they would do a new wrinkle. They did everything the same. Nothing new."
Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips remarked that Newton "doesn't scramble a whole lot. ... He tries to throw from the pocket."
Marshall added, "In a lot of games we saw on film, Newton was just sitting back, patting the ball. We'd see two (free defenders) in the middle of the field just not doing anything."
In order to contain the dual-threat signal caller, the Broncos opted to use their extra defenders to blitz Newton and force him out of the pocket.
The Panthers were stifled to a season-low 10 points and gave up four turnovers and seven sacks.
"We read them like a book," Ward said.