- Broncos: No Super Bowl XLVIII hangover
- Rosenthal: Ron Rivera's NFL voyage to SB50
- Brooks: How Panthers can beat Broncos
- Battista: Kubiak-Elway bond fuels Super Bowl run
- Sessler: What about Brock? Osweiler's enticing future
- Orr: Mike Shula following in father's footsteps
- Billick: Coach's guide to Super Bowl 50
- Fifty things to do in San Francisco
- Super Bowl 50 Viewer's Guide
"It was something that bothered him for a lot of the year," Garrett said per the team's official site. "He obviously played through it, but he was dealing with it a little bit."
Garrett did not set a definitive timetable on Lawrence's recovery.
"We expect him to be back fairly soon," he said regarding the defensive end. "We'll see. We don't want to put it definitively, but we think he's going to be OK."
Lawrence is the latest Cowboy to go under the knife this offseason. A week after the conclusion of the regular season, fellow defensive end Tyrone Crawford had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. Quarterback Tony Romo is contemplating a surgery to have a plate attached to his left collarbone.
In 2015, Lawrence led the team with eight sacks, recorded 55 tackles and finished second on the team with 31 quarterback pressures.