The Broncos released the safety Saturday. After Denver added T.J. Ward in the offseason and got Rahim Moore and Quinton Carter back from injury, Ihenacho -- who started 17 games last year for the Broncos, including the Super Bowl -- was squeezed off the roster.
Some other notable waiver claims (not an exhaustive list):
2. Guard A.Q. Shipley returns to Indianapolis. After being traded to the Ravens last offseason, the offensive lineman was claimed by the Colts. The combo guard/center who started nine games in 2013 could be good insurance for a weak interior line that is already dinged up.
3. Desperate for help at the corner position, the New York Jets claimed Leon McFadden off waivers from the Cleveland Browns. It's interesting that Rex Ryan would lay claim to a player his former defensive coordinator, Mike Pettine, gave up on.
4. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the St. Louis Rams claimed former Texans quarterback Case Keenum off waivers, according to a team official. Keenum will serve as the backup behind starter Shaun Hill.
11. General manager Dennis Hickey announced that the Miami Dolphins claimed safety Brandian Ross from the Raiders and cornerback Sammy Seamster from the Ravens. Ross started 13 games for the Raiders in 2013. The Dolphins released safety Don Jones and receiver Damian Williams.
12. The Oakland Raiders claimed defensive end Benson Mayowa from the Seahawks. An undrafted free agent in 2013, Mayowa played in two games for the Seahawks. With Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie coming from the same organization Seahawks GM John Schneider got his start in (Green Bay), it's not surprising both see value in the 6-foot-3, 252-pound Mayowa.
13. The Arizona Cardinals claimed linebacker Thomas Keiser from the Chargers. The pass rusher had nine sacks in 24 NFL games, including 4.5 last year in San Diego. Arizona is in need of rotational rushers given their depleted corps.