NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported over the weekend that Watkins is fine and it's just a bruise, but the team has no reason to rush their offensive savior into action.
Other injury news we're tracking on this Wednesday:
1. Sticking in Buffalo, starting cornerback Leodis McKelvin is another question mark for the Tampa game after leaving practice with a groin injury. "I have no idea. They haven't told me that yet," coach Doug Marrone said of McKelvin's status against the Bucs. In his place, 2012 fourth-round pick Ron Brooks shared snaps with the ones.
2. Giants rookie wideout Odell Beckham was seen off to the side catching balls from a JUGS machine on Wednesday, per Jordan Raanan of NJ.com. The first-round pick missed Tuesday's practice after re-injuring his hamstring during Monday's session.
5. Mike Klis of The Denver Post reported that Broncos wideout Jordan Norwood suffered a torn ACL during Wednesday's joint practice with the Texans. The fifth-year veteran appeared to have made the team as a sixth receiver and starting punt returner.
6. Jones also reported that Texans pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney visited the team's medical tent during 9-on-7 drills. The No. 1 overall draft pick appeared to be walking adequately, "but looked uncomfortable," per Jones. We'll keep an eye out for any updates on Clowney.
7. After participating in team drills on Tuesday, Texans running back Arian Foster and wideout Andre Johnson were back at it again on Wednesday, both running with the first team. It's a tangible step toward possibly playing Saturday night against the Broncos.
8. Mike Jenkins has yet to play a preseason game for Tampa Bay, and coach Lovie Smith indicated that wouldn't change for Saturday's meeting with the Bills. Jenkins has been dealing with a lower-leg injury since before the team's first preseason contest.
9. Mike Pettine told reporters that defensive lineman Desmond Bryant underwent wrist surgery. The Browns coach said he wasn't sure if the 6-foot-6, 310-pound thumper would be ready for the season opener, per Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer.