Around the NFL  

 

Kaepernick won't face charges from Miami incident

The book will close on the Miami investigation from an alleged April incident involving San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney's office announced Thursday that prosecutors will not bring charges against Kaepernick, 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton and Seattle Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette, who were all named in an incident report filed April 4.

"The case was not dropped. There was never a case. It was an investigation," Miami-Dade PIO Ed Griffith told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. "The essence is, there was no indication of a sexual assault, so nothing was filed."

Last month police released two 911 calls in connection with the case in which the two separate callers spoke of a woman who would not leave a hotel room where the three players were said to be.

Kaepernick said the April incident changed his "way of thinking."

The 49ers backed their quarterback throughout the process with their largest leap of faith coming in the form of a new six-year contract extension.

In the latest edition of the "Around The League Podcast," the heroes debate the Super Bowl windows of Brady and Manning.

NFL News
CONTENT
15