The NFL appointed Ted Wells to lead the independent investigation of the Miami Dolphins' workplace related to the fractured relationship between Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin. We'll soon learn Wells' findings.
A representative for Wells said the attorney has informed the NFL that he expects his report to be issued "either late next week or early the following week," according to a statement obtained by NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.
Wells' firm released the statement after reports surfaced that the findings about the Dolphins would be issued Thursday.
Incognito was suspended indefinitely Nov. 3 for conduct detrimental to the team after a voice mail surfaced in which Incognito used a racial slur and threatened violence against Martin. Martin left the team in late October, and the estranged offensive tackle did not return.
Incognito was unpaid for the first two games of his suspension, losing close to $500,000. The sides reached an agreement late last month to extend Incognito's suspension with pay while Wells continued his investigation.
Martin spoke to NBC analyst Tony Dungy last week, expressing his desire to return to the NFL.
"I'm ready to get back to football," Martin said. "We are here and the Super Bowl is on Sunday. And I just love the competitive aspect of it, so I can't wait to get back to it."
Wells' findings are likely to play a significant role in Martin's chances of finding another job in the league.