Jamaal Charles' day ended before it even really started.
Charles hit his helmet against the turf at the conclusion of a 7-yard run early in the first quarter. He stayed down momentarily before slowly walking off the field. After speaking with trainers, Charles was led to the locker room.
It was only the start of a brutal day of injuries for the Chiefs.
1. Charles' backup, Knile Davis, replaced Charles in the lineup and played well before leaving with a knee injury in the second half.
3. Cornerback Brandon Flowers was helped to the locker room in the third quarter. NFL Media's Jeff Darlington reported that Flowers was evaluated for a concussion and did not return.
4. Outside linebacker Justin Houston also exited the game with a lower-body injury.
6. Indianapolis safety LaRon Landry also exited with a concussion and did not return.
7. New Orleans Saints linebacker Parys Haralson was injured in the team's matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday and is feared to have a torn pectoral muscle, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source who has spoken with the player. Haralson will have tests soon to confirm the severity of the injury.Around The League Podcast" is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.