The vaunted Kansas City Chiefs lost their two best defensive players during Sunday's 41-38 loss to the San Diego Chargers. The only question is how long they will be out of the lineup.
Defensive end Tamba Hali was carted to the locker room in the first quarter after being helped off the field with an ankle injury. Justin Houston left in the second quarter with an elbow injury. Both were ruled out for the game after halftime, and coach Andy Reid said postgame the two defenders will undergo MRI exams Monday.
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday night, via two sources informed of the injury, that Houston's elbow popped out and went back in on the field. X-Rays for Houston were negative, per Rapoport, and Monday's exam will be to see if there is more ligament damage.
Hali and Houston have formed the best pass-rushing duo in the NFL this season. It's hard to imagine this Chiefs team surviving for long if they remain out the lineup.
Here are some other injuries we're monitoring from Week 12:
1. Cleveland Browns quarterback Jason Campbell suffered a concussion and did not return to Sunday's 27-11 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was carted to the locker room and Brandon Weeden replaced him under center.
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Darrelle Revis did not return after suffering a groin injury in the first half against the Lions. The Bucs won 24-21.
3. Chargers running back Ryan Mathews left the tilt against the Chiefs with a hamstring injury.
4. St. Louis Rams running back Zac Stacy was ruled out against the Bears after leaving in the second half of Sunday's 42-21 win; he was being evaluated for a possible concussion.
5. Green Bay Packers running back Johnathan Franklin left with a concussion and did not return to the game against the Minnesota Vikings, which ended in a 26-26 tie.
6. New York Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie suffered a hip injury and did not return to the team's 19-3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
7. Baltimore defensive lineman Chris Canty suffered a shoulder injury. He was taken to the locker room for further examination.
8. Pittsburgh nose tackle Steve McLendon hurt his ankle and did not return against the Browns.
9. Indianapolis Colts cornerback Vontae Davis left with a groin injury and did not return to the game in his team's 40-11 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
10. Dallas Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne was hurt again. He left Sunday's 24-21 win over the New York Giants with a hamstring injury.
11. A pair of Oakland Raiders, tight end Mychal Rivera and cornerback Mike Jenkins, did not finish Sunday's 23-19 defeat to the Tennessee Titans after suffering concussions.
The "Around The League Podcast" is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.