Independent investigator Ted Wells has concluded his initial round of interviews with the Miami Dolphins, according to a statement released Saturday to NFL Media.
Wells was appointed to investigate any workplace misconduct within the Dolphins after offensive tackle Jonathan Martin abruptly left the team earlier this season. Soon after Martin left, stories emerged of mistreatment by guard Richie Incognito, including a voice mail in which Incognito used a racial slur and threatened violence against Martin.
Incognito said he was trying shock Martin but never intended any harm. Incognito has been suspended indefinitely by the team.
"We have concluded our initial round of interviews with the Miami Dolphins and spent time with every player and coach, as well as key staff members and management," Well said in the statement. "Our work will continue over the next few weeks.
"I want to thank Stephen Ross, the Dolphins organization and its players, coaches and staff for their complete cooperation throughout this process."
Wells has met with Martin, Incognito and Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland. The most recent meeting was with Incognito, spanning eight and a half hours over two days, according to NFL Media's Jeff Darlington.
Incognito was supposed to have a grievance hearing with the Dolphins on Thursday to address his suspension, but he agreed to postpone the hearing until Wells' investigation was done.