NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Gabbert heard his hamstring "pop" during Sunday's 34-20 loss to the St. Louis Rams, according to a source. Coach Gus Bradley told reporters Monday afternoon that Gabbert has a "grade 2" hamstring strain and "most likely" will miss the Jaguars' Week 6 game. While Bradley didn't set anything in stone, he did say he views the quarterback's status as "week to week."
It's been another uphill battle for Gabbert this season. The former first-round draft pick has thrown only one touchdown pass with seven interceptions across three starts, posting a league-worst passer rating of 36. Injuries have made the situation even bleaker.
The huddle now will turn back to Chad Henne, the backup who has appeared in four of Jacksonville's first five games. Henne made two starts last month after Gabbert suffered a laceration on his hand in the season opener.
The cycle of sadness goes on in Jacksonville.
Some other notable injury news:
1. Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman has confirmed defensive tackle Nate Collins suffered a torn ACL on Sunday and will miss rest of the season. Collins had moved into the starting lineup to replace Henry Melton, who suffered a torn ACL in Week 3. The interior of Chicago's line is a major concern.
2. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll provided an update on Percy Harvin, telling reporters the wide receiver began running last week and will return to Seattle to continue his rehab this week. His timetable to return remains unclear.
5. The Green Bay Packers announced that linebacker Rob Francois will miss the rest of the season with a torn Achilles tendon. The team is thin at linebacker with Clay Matthews also hurting his thumb, and Brad Jones suffering an ankle injury.
6. New York Giants running back David Wilson's status for Thursday night's game against Chicago is uncertain. He will undergo a battery of tests before he can be cleared to play. He experienced numbness in his neck Sunday.
7. The Houston Texans are worried that tight end Owen Daniels could miss a few weeks with an injured fibula, according to the Houston Chronicle. The newspaper reported that Daniels underwent two MRI exams Monday, and the team will know more about the severity of his injury Tuesday.
8. Bad news for the Atlanta Falcons' star wide-receiver duo: Roddy White missed most of the fourth quarter of Monday night's 30-28 loss to the Atlanta Falcons with a hamstring injury. And NFL Media's Jeff Darlington reported after the game that Julio Jones was seen limping out of the X-ray room. Falcons fullback Jason Snelling suffered a concussion in the game.