The New York Jets drafted three receivers in May. One suffered a shoulder injury that could threaten his rookie season.
"Shaq Evans, his shoulder looks pretty bad," Ryan said, per the New York Daily News. "He's still out there in the (red non-contact) jersey, very limited. We'll see that how that goes but it doesn't look good right now. This looks like a severe injury."
Evans has good size and hands but lacked top-end speed that pushed him down some draft boards.
Here is other injury news we are tracking:
3. Redskins wideout Pierre Garcon missed practice again on Tuesday. When asked by reporters if it was related to his hamstring, Garcon said it was "just football" but also noted he would miss Thursday's preseason game against the Patriots.
4. The hits keep coming for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Safety Johnathan Cyprien and receiver Allen Hurns sat out with hip flexor injuries. Cyprien can be a dynamic playmaker. Luckily his injury doesn't sound serious: "It was a little tight so they decided to hold me out," Cyprien said, per The Florida Times-Union.
5. Just as he was moving up the depth chart, Giants running back Peyton Hillis sprained his ankle on Tuesday. It isn't believed to be serious, but with the team's roster of rushers already depleted, the news isn't welcome.
6. Chicago Bears receiver Marquess Wilson had surgery Tuesday after suffering a fractured clavicle on Monday. There is no timetable set for his return. The injury generally has a six to 10 week recovery period.
14. Raiders corner DJ Hayden remains on the PUP list after surgery on his right foot, but coach Dennis Allen said this week he expects the No. 12 overall pick of the 2013 draft to play before the preseason ends.