Wide receivers continue to drop like flies in Jacksonville.
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Robinson will miss "a couple of weeks," per a source who spoke with the player, leaving Jacksonville with just eight healthy receivers and only three pass-catchers with grabs in an NFL game.
In addition, Tandon Doss will miss extended time with an ankle injury suffered Friday, trimming more depth off a roster already stripped of Cecil Shorts (hamstring) and set to lose Ace Sanders to a four-game suspension.
It's a troubling situation for Jacksonville's quarterbacks, who need as much practice time as possible with a young and untested group of wideouts.
As it stands, Chad Henne and rookie Blake Bortles will be charged with the special task of throwing to an assortment of ghosts and camp bodies when the Jaguars kick off their preseason slate against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Aug. 8.
Other injury notes from Friday's swath of training camp activity:
1. Texans running back Arian Foster was back on the sideline Friday with what coach Bill O'Brien called "nothing serious" and a "day-to-day thing," per ESPN.com's Tania Ganguli. Also sidelined: Andre Johnson, the team's No. 1 wide receiver who hasn't practiced since injuring his hamstring on Monday.
2. Panthers coach Ron Rivera expects Kelvin Benjamin back at practice Saturday depending on how he feels in the morning, per the team's official website. The rookie wide receiver suffered a bone bruise in Sunday's session, but promised: "I'm coming back even harder, 10 times harder."
3. Amid whispers that Champ Bailey has "lost a step" and is much "stiffer in the hips" at age 36, Saints coach Sean Payton refused to provide an update on why the former All-Pro cornerback missed Thursday's walk-through and was missing in action again on Friday, per ESPN.com's Mike Triplett. We'll keep an eye on this one.
4. Is Chargers middle linebacker Manti Te'o gearing up for an improved Year 2? ESPN.com's Eric D. Williams reports the second-year defender is "fully healthy" after offseason foot surgery and displaying better instincts in camp as San Diego prepares for its preseason opener against the Cowboys on Aug. 7.
5. Eagles coach Chip Kelly downplayed Riley Cooper's absence from practice since Monday, saying Friday: "He's got a foot injury," per the Philadelphia Inquirer. "It's just a preventive thing. He should be back in a couple of days."
7. Redskins coach Jay Gruden announced that wideout Jerry Rice Jr., the son of Hall of Fame pass-catcher Jerry Rice, has suffered a torn shoulder labrum that likely will require surgery, per the team's official website.
8. Browns coach Mike Pettine said trainers were evaluating the severity of an apparent knee injury to safety Tashaun Gipson suffered Friday, per Tom Reed of The Plain Dealer. If he misses time, Jordan Poyer or the newly signed Jim Leonhard are on tap to step in.
9. Packers wide receiver Jared Abbrederis, a 2014 fifth-round pick, has a knee injury and is having tests done, Rapoport reports. There's a report that an ACL injury is feared but Rapoport notes, from a source close to Abbrederis, that is "premature," and there is no definitive answer on his injury.
Check back soon for more injury news from around the NFL.