Jones-Drew, who continues to work out in Miami, has not been charged in the May 26 altercation in which a security guard accused the three-time Pro Bowl player of punching him at a restaurant/bar in St. Augustine. Police investigators want to interview Jones-Drew about the incident, but he has yet to meet with them.
"I'm disappointed in the situation that did occur, but I'm not as far as the communication that's taken place," Bradley said. "He's had open communication and he's filling me in on things that are going on and where he's at with things, so I'm pleased with that part of it."
Bradley stopped short of saying Jones-Drew apologized for potentially creating another offseason distraction, which came four weeks after Jaguars wide receiver Justin Blackmon was suspended for four games for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.
It also was the second consecutive year that Jones-Drew generated headlines for off-the-field reasons. He was involved in a contentious contract holdout last year.
"I think he felt bad," Bradley said. "I know I'm speaking for what I think he felt, but I felt like he was disappointed that this had to occur and he was concerned about the momentum of the team. Things were going good, and he felt like he was a leader and he has not been a guy that this has happened to, and now it has occurred, so he was disappointed in that fact. But I think he's waiting to see how it unfolds as well."
Bradley said any disciplinary action would come after the incident is resolved.
Last month, Jones-Drew received permission to leave the Jaguars' organized team activities and start working out on his own in Miami. Jones-Drew is recovering from Lisfranc surgery on his left foot.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press