GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Construction work at Lambeau Field sparked a minor fire that caused about $5,000 in damage to the Green Bay Packers' stadium.
WLUK-TV in Green Bay reported that workers were cutting a beam near the fourth floor Wednesday afternoon when sparks landed inside a wall, igniting foam insulation.
The area was evacuated. One firefighter suffered a minor back injury.
Green Bay Fire Lt. Nick Craig said the fire was small but in an unwieldy area. He said fire officials had to proceed slowly because they didn't want to open the wall and allow the flames an oxygen supply until they had enough water on hand.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press