Lot of big names on the list this week. Lot of fantasy impact. Let's get to it.
1. Atlanta Falcons wide reciever Julio Jones didn't practice all week, but the Falcons still list him as questionable with his ankle injury. Generally, players that don't practice don't play either. Falcons coach Mike Smith called Jones a game-time decision against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, but we wouldn't count on him.
2. San Diego Chargers running back Ryan Mathews' status remains a mystery. He returned to practice Friday after missing two sessions with a neck injury, so that bodes well for his status against the Denver Broncos. Coach Norv Turner says he was "encouraged" after watching Mathews at practice. He's a game-time decision. Left tackle Jared Gaither (groin) is doubtful.
3. After weeks of speculation, Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashad Mendenhall (Achilles) is finally back just in time to face the Baltimore Ravens. The Steelers haven't lost since he left four games ago. He's probable. Wide receiver Antonio Brown (ankle) and safety Troy Polamalu (calf) are out, as expected.
4. Look for another heavy load for fullback Marcel Reece with the Oakland Raiders this week against the resurgent New Orleans Saints. Running backs Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson are both out again because of their high ankle sprains. Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (hamstring, questionable) is a game-time decision, but we wouldn't expect him to play. Defensive tackle Richard Seymour (knee) is out again.
"If it's up to me I'm going. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to," Daniels said, according to Tania Ganguli of the Houston Chronicle.
6. It's been a season full of injuries for the Green Bay Packers. They continue to be without safety Charles Woodson (collarbone), linebacker Clay Matthews (hamstring) and wide receiver Greg Jennings (groin), but we have some good news as the Pack heads to Detriot to face the Lions. Wide receiver Jordy Nelson (hamstring) is probable.
7. Detroit Lions defensive end Cliff Avril is probable after suffering a concussion last week. Wide receiver Calvin Johnson is questionable with his ankle injury, but he's expected to play against Green Bay. Safety Louis Delmas (knee) is doubtful.
9. The New England Patriots topped themselves this week. A total of 16 players are questionable! The key takeaways: Wes Welker (ankle) is expected to play, but Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is not. Guard Logan Mankins (ankle) is doubtful for when the Indianapolis Colts come to town.
13. Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan says he expects wide receiver Pierre Garcon (foot) and safety Brandon Meriweather (knee) to be available Sunday when they host the Philadelphia Eagles. Garcon has barely contributed since the season opener; Meriweather hasn't played all season.
Thanks for reading Around the League all week.
Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.