Titans coach Mike Munchak told reporters Wednesday that Locker is expected to start Sunday against the Miami Dolphins. Locker hasn't played since separating his non-throwing shoulder in Week 4 against the Houston Texans. After splitting reps with Matt Hasselbeck in Wednesday's practice, Locker is one step closer to returning to the field.
Here's the rest of the big injury news from Wednesday:
1. Minnesota Vikings receiver Percy Harvin didn't practice after suffering a nasty ankle injury in Sunday's loss to the Seattle Seahawks. Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said Harvin has made progress and called him day to day leading into this week's game against the Detroit Lions.
2. It's not an injury, but Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman told an area radio station he won't play in Sunday night's game against the Houston Texans if his wife goes into labor. They're expecting a daughter. Discuss.
3. Oakland Raiders running back Taiwan Jones might wind up starting against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson missed Wednesday's practice after both backs suffered high ankle sprains in a loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
4. Owen Daniels missed Wednesday's practice with a hip injury. The Texans tight end is set to undergo tests. Nose tackle Shaun Cody is day to day with "rib issues," according to coach Gary Kubiak. A person familiar with Cody's status told the Houston Chronicle he suffered broken ribs and a punctured lung in a win over the Buffalo Bills. Ben Tate (hamstring) and Kevin Walter (groin) didn't practice.
5. New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez (ankle) was limited Wednesday. It's unclear if he'll play against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. In a recurring theme around these parts, he missed Tuesday's session to witness the birth of his daughter.
6. Indianapolis Colts running back Donald Brown is questionable for Thursday night's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars after missing another practice Wednesday with a knee injury. Wide receiver Donnie Avery (hip) also received the questionable tag.
7. Calvin Johnson wasn't a participant in practice Wednesday because of nagging knee soreness. The Detroit Lions are playing it safe with their star receiver. He has been healthy enough to play in games and should be ready to go Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings.
8. Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Brady Quinn still hasn't been cleared to play after suffering a concussion against the Raiders in Week 8. That means the glorious reign of Matt Cassel barrels onward Monday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
9. New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks missed practice Wednesday after his knee swelled up. Guard Chris Snee (ankle) didn't practice, either, ahead of Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Running back Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) also sat out, but his backfield partner, Andre Brown (shoulder), was back on the field.
10. Over in Florham Park, New York Jets running back Joe McKnight (ankle) didn't attend Wednesday's practice. Neither did linebacker Bart Scott (toe) or defensive tackle Kenrick Ellis (knee). Running back Bilal Powell (shoulder) practiced and should play in Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks.
Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.