Tennessee Titans quarterback Jake Locker still isn't ready to play because of a fractured left shoulder. Coach Mike Munchak said Monday that Matt Hasselbeck will be the starter again in Week 9.
With a Week 11 bye coming up, Locker could have a few more weeks to rest.
Jeremiah: Week 8 revelations
identifies three rising superpowers, an underachiever, an overachiever and a true freak of nature.
"I wouldn't say (Locker) is a long ways away," Munchak said, according to The Tennessean.
Munchak indicated the decision wasn't about Hasselbeck's solid overall play as a starter. Once Locker is medically cleared, it sounds like the second-year pro will get his job back.
Here are the other injuries around the NFL:
1. Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt returned from his never-ending knee surgeries in Week 2, but he hasn't looked like the same player he was a year ago. His 20 catches have gained an average of just 10.45 yards. Before this season, he averaged more than 17 yards per catch.
There is concern about Britt's knee. Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean reports Britt was seen walking through the locker room limping Monday. Britt had an MRI. No matter what the results are, fantasy owners should be running out of patience.
2. Buffalo Bills defensive end Mario Williams underwent surgery on his wrist during the team's bye week. He's expected to be back at practice Wednesday after the minor procedure.
Relive every game this season online and on-demand with enhanced viewing features, including the "All-22" coaches film. Get NFL Game Rewind
3. Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy confirmed that defensive lineman Mike Neal suffered an ankle injury and linebacker Jerel Worthy suffered a concussion during the team's 24-15 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
4. McCarthy said wide receiver Jordy Nelson was "real close" to playing in Week 8 despite his hamstring injury, which provides optimism he could suit up this week.
5. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution indicates that linebacker Atlanta Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon's ankle injury isn't too serious.
6. Indianapolis Colts tight end Coby Fleener underwent an MRI on his shoulder Monday.
7. The Detroit Lions say safety Louis Delmas (knee) is day to day. Their secondary has been a disaster all season.
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Eric Wright has an Achilles injury. Another secondary that can ill afford another injury.
9. Hurricane Sandy delayed Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings' knee surgery, among other things.
10. The Miami Dolphins provided no meaningful update on the status of Ryan Tannehill (knee). The Miami Herald reported that Tannehill has a deep thigh bruise and suffered no structural damage.
Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.