Wednesday is when the first injury report of the week is released. We round up all the biggest injury news you need to know each week right here:
1. Matt Forte is back. At least at practice. The Chicago Bears running back's return from an ankle injury took a big step.
2. Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson also returned to practice. He was limited with a knee injury. "There's some pain ... buts it's more about trusting my knee," he said, according to the team's official Twitter feed.
Harrison: Week 4 Power Rankings
are surging, but are they the best in the NFL? See where they rank according to
3. Miami Dolphins running back Reggie Bush didn't practice, but he did speak optimistically about playing this week. Actions speak louder than Bush's words here.
4. Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford missed practice with his hip injury. The Lions initially called it a "leg" injury. We've confirmed that the hip is part of the leg.
5. San Francisco 49ers running back Brandon Jacobs (knee) and wide receiver Ted Ginn (ankle) are back at practice. They haven't played at all this year. Linebacker Patrick Willis practiced fully, so his ankle injury isn't a big concern.
6. Wide receiver Jeremy Maclin (hip) returned to Philadelphia Eagles practice. That's huge for their offense. He should be ready to roll this week.
7. Oakland Raiders coach Dennis Allen announced that wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey was at team headquarters, going through concussion testing.
8. The Cleveland Browns will be without wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi (hamstring) on Thursday night against the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens are healthy except for offensive tackle Jah Reid (leg).
9. Washington Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon (foot) was limited in practice. It's hard to get a feel on when he will return.
The NFC East might look competitive, but as
sees it, Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin give Big Blue an advantage.
10. New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw (neck) practiced fully. He will get his starting job back this week.
11. Redskins offensive tackle Trent Williams was out of practice with a knee bruise. Quarterback Robert Griffin III can ill afford to lose his blind-side protector.
12. Arizona Cardinals running back Beanie Wells is on injured reserve until at least Nov. 25. Ryan Williams, you're up. (So is LaRod Stephens-Howling.)
13. New York Jets wide receiver Stephen Hill (hamstring) and linebacker Bart Scott (toe) didn't practice. We'd be surprised if Hill played this week against the 49ers.