No one really knows if St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson was injured or benched on Sunday against the Washington Redskins. But it sure sounds like Jackson won't be injured for long.
Jackson told 101ESPN that he underwent an MRI on Monday and everything is "positive."
Jeremiah: Recapping Week 2
The New Orleans
defense stood out to
, but in a bad way. Check out other Week 2 lessons.
Here are a few more injury notes from Monday's press conferences around the NFL:
1. There is some fear that Detroit Lions cornerback Drayton Florence could be out for a long-time or possibly the season. Detroit's secondary is in rough shape.
2. The Dallas Cowboys could be without safety Gerald Sensabaugh for a couple of weeks.
3. The Redskins had a devastating day. They lost their best defensive player Brian Orakpo for the season. They lost starting defensive lineman Adam Carriker for the season. Another one under the radar: tight end Fred Davis has a concussion.
4. Rams left tackle Rodger Saffold did not suffer damage to his ACL, according to Rams coach Jeff Fisher.
5. The Jacksonville Jaguars expect Blaine Gabbert to start in Week 3 despite a "sore butt muscle."
6. The Philadelphia Eagles lost center Jason Kelce for the season. Starting left tackle King Dunlap sounds like he's out this week, and wide receiver Jeremy Maclin suffered a contusion to his hip contusion. That's a new one.
7. The New York Daily News says that it's believed New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw has a "neck sprain."
Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.