There's a lot of news swimming around on Sunday mornings. Let's get you up to date with the biggest injury news so far. Our complete inactives list is listed right here.
1. Kimberly Jones reported on NFL Network's "First on the Field" that New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks likely will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He is officially active. This was expected, but good to hear for Giants fans after Nicks missed some practice during the week. Cornerback Prince Amukamara is a surprise inactive. Linebacker Keith Rivers also is out for a defense that has a few holes in the back seven.
Breer: Week 2 predictions
Can the high-flying
win in Week 2?
thinks so. See who else he likes.
2. NFL Network's Stacey Dales reported that running back Jonathan Stewart and Steve Smith are both active for the Carolina Panthers.
3. Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that San Diego Chargers running back Ryan Mathews is expected to miss his game against the Tennessee Titans, despite returning to practice this week.
4. CBS reported Saturday night that Washington Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon was not expected to start against the St. Louis Rams.
5. DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin are both active for the Eagles. Philadelphia needs all the help it can get.
6. Quarterback John Skelton officially is inactive for the Arizona Cardinals. Kevin Kolb will start against the New England Patriots.
7. Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Austin Collie (head) and Dwight Freeney (ankle) are both out. ESPN reported that Freeney has a high ankle sprain. Collie's status is very mysterious after the Colts previously said he would be back this week.
8. The Cleveland Browns announced Scott Fujita as a starter for the game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
9. Wide receiver Denarius Moore and linebacker Rolondo McClain are both active for the Oakland Raiders. Big news for them. Moore missed all of the preseason and Week 1.
Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.