The San Diego Chargers have agreed to terms on a four-year deal with linebacker Melvin Ingram, their first-round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the team's official website reported Tuesday.
Ingram, a South Carolina product taken with the 18th overall pick, will have an option for a fifth year, according to the website.
Wyche: AFC divisional challengers
Who are the biggest threats to reigning kings of each AFC division?
, among others.
Defensive tackle Kendall Reyes, taken out of Connecticut by the Chargers in the second round (No. 49 overall), also agreed to terms on a four-year deal, the website reported.
Center David Molk, taken out of Michigan in the seventh round with the 226th overall pick, signed a four-year contract with San Diego.
Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said last month that the team was fortunate to be able to draft Ingram, a player that he expected to be long gone by the 18th pick.
"I consider this a part of luck," Smith told UT-San Diego, "because when I see what I consider a bonus pick, outside our cluster, it's luck. Heâs a mean, nasty man, extremely physical with a great motor."