Continuing a purge that began last week with the release of Peyton Manning, the Indianapolis Colts will not bring back wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez, according to the Indianapolis Star.
Who is the favorite in the race to sign
? NFL.com ranks and charts the movement of all the contenders.
Gonzalez, who was often injured in his five years with the Colts, said he took a call from the Colts on Friday in which they said he wouldn't be offered a new contract.
"It's a business. First and foremost and always, it's a business," said Gonzalez, 27. "I mean it's a sport and everything, but it always comes back to being a business."
Gonzalez has 99 catches for 1,307 yards and seven touchdowns in his career but had none in the Colts' 2-14 2011 season.
The Colts had announced the releases of tight end Dallas Clark, running back Joseph Addai, linebacker Gary Brackett, safety Melvin Bullitt and quarterback Curtis Painter on Friday.