Miami Dolphins  

 

Dolphins reportedly won't move Misi back to defensive end

Print
  • By NFL.com
More Columns >

The Miami Dolphins coaching staff will experiment with using Koa Misi as an inside linebacker next season the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported Tuesday.

Misi played strong-side linebacker his first two seasons in the league and will not be used as a defensive end, the position he played in college, an NFL source told the newspaper.

Wyche: Poe-tential star
Defensive linemen get more freakishly athletic each year. Steve Wyche says Dontari Poe headlined the group in Indy. More ...

The move leaves Randy Starks, Jared Odrick and Tony McDaniel as the only defensive linemen under contract for next season, and could reveal the Dolphins' focus in the upcoming draft.

Misi, 25, split time with the retired Jason Taylor in 2011. He has 75 tackles and 5.5 sacks in his two NFL seasons. Miami drafted him 40th overall in the 2010 draft.

"Koa has done a nice job. He's played the (strong-side) linebacker position for us. Koa has got a lot of versatility. I really like the way he's developing," general manager Jeff Ireland said earlier this offseason. "It's unfortunate that he got hurt at the end of the season because I saw some growth in him there late. We just got to see where he continues to grow. But he's got to get better."

Print

Headlines

The previous element was an advertisement.

NFL Shop