Around the League  

 

Luck remains undecided on throwing at combine

  • By NFL.com
More Columns >

The popular line of thinking has been that projected No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Luck won't do any throwing this week at the NFL Scouting Combine.

But comments made Thursday by the former Stanford star keep the intrigue alive.

"I haven't decided what I'm going to do completely yet at this point, so it could be all of it, maybe none of it, we'll see," Luck said on "NFL Total Access." "I'm sure I'll sit down in the next couple of days, talk to my dad and my agent and formulate the plan."

The Indianapolis Star reported Feb. 12 that Luck was open to throwing at the combine, but he was told by the Colts -- who own the No. 1 pick -- to wait until Stanford's March 22 pro day.

Robert Griffin III, likely the second quarterback to be selected in the draft after Luck, told "The Dan Patrick Show" this week he was "probably not going to throw."

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, last year's No. 1 overall pick, participated in passing drills at the combine. Newton was in a different situation, however, as he dealt with questions about how his skill-set would translate to the NFL.

Luck has been lauded as a finished product -- relatively speaking -- who's ready to step in as an NFL starter. If the reports are true about the Colts telling him not to throw, he should listen to your (presumable) boss.

Fan Discussion

NFL News
CONTENT
15