New Orleans Saints  

 

Sources: Saints didn't host Moss, have no plans to sign him

  • By NFL.com
More Columns >

League sources told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora and Michael Lombardi that a published report claiming retired wide receiver Randy Moss was at the New Orleans Saints' facility Saturday isn't true.

New Orleans television station WWL-TV previously reported Saturday that the Saints had interest in Moss and the receiver was at the team's facility Saturday, citing several sources.


Listen to the 2011 NFL season LIVE -- hear all the action online in premium sound quality with NFL Audio Pass. Sign up now!

But league sources told La Canfora and Lombardi that the Saints have no current plans to sign Moss.

The Saints could be in the market for a wide receiver after losing Marques Colston to a broken collarbone in Thursday night's season-opening loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Moss, 34, announced his retirement in August after 13 NFL seasons. He finished with 153 touchdowns, which is tied with Terrell Owens for second on the career list, and also is fifth in yards (14,858) and tied with Hines Ward for eighth in receptions (954).

Moss played in 16 games for three teams -- the New England Patriots, Minnesota Vikings and Tennessee Titans -- last season, finishing with 28 receptions for 393 yards and five touchdowns.

Headlines

The previous element was an advertisement.

NFL Shop

NFL News
CONTENT
15