Chicago Bears  

 

Cutler says Bears 'about to do something here soon enough'

  • By NFL.com
More Columns >

Bears backup quarterback Caleb Hanie said last week the team had no immediate plans to gather for offseason workouts, but starter Jay Cutler says otherwise.

The veteran spoke to the Chicago Sun-Times in a story for Monday's editions and confirmed that everything is "locked and loaded" for team workouts.

Cutler said workouts might start this week.

"We’ll see. We’re about to do something here soon enough," he said. "But no one is probably going to know about it."

Hanie told the "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000 last week that Cutler had yet to organize a gathering.

"I've talked to him a few times this offseason, and I haven't heard anything from him on that front, so far," Hanie said. "I don't know if he has something planned or whatever, but not yet."

Cutler said he only plans to gather offensive players, telling the Sun-Times "those defenders have been in the system for eight years, nine years. What are they gonna do?

"What am I going to tell Lach?" Cutler said, referring to seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker Brian Urlacher. "'Your drop is a little short. Sorry, buddy.' Offensively, we have a lot of room to improve."

Cutler was busy Saturday in his role as grand marshal of the Holiday World Walk to Cure Diabetes. The quarterback, who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was 21, signed autographs and posed for pictures with participants. The event netted more than $340,000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

Headlines

The previous element was an advertisement.

NFL Shop

NFL News
CONTENT
15